Project Linus accepts all styles of blankets … you don’t have to be an expert! Blankets may be quilted, tied, knitted, crocheted or no-sew fleece.
Blankets must be:
- NEW, and made from all new materials
- Free of pins and embellishments
- Free of pet hair
- Free of smoke or chemical smells (According to studies presented at the National Project Linus Conference, these elements can NEVER be washed out of the blankets and are potentially very dangerous to a child whose health is already compromised)
- Child-friendly (we encourage you to choose colors and patterns that would be cheerful and kid-friendly)
A few guidelines to keep in mind when making blankets:
* Remove selvage edges from fleece fabric.
* Please only single layer no-sew fleece blankets. These are much easier for our facilities to handle and store.
* Fringe on no-sew fleece, knitted or crocheted blankets should be no more than 3″ long.
* Acceptable fabrics should be soft and cuddly material such as 100% cotton or cotton/polyester blends. Unacceptable fabrics include wool, upholstery fabric, corduroy, vinyl, leather, silk, canvas and polyester double knit.
* Please do not add embellishments such as buttons, tassels or sequins to the blankets. These could be chewed off and cause choking.
* Blankets with pet hair or strong odors of smoke or chemicals cannot be accepted.
* Please check blankets carefully to remove ALL straight pins before donation.
Suggested blanket sizes include: (minimum approximately 36” x 36”)
Infant – 36″ x 36″Toddler – 36″ x 36″ to 36″ x 42″
Elementary – 40″ x 50″ to 50″ x 60″
Pre Teen to Teen – 50″ x 60″ to 60″x 72″
If you are interested in getting involved or need additional information, please contact
Joyce Pickett, chapter coordinator
Phone: (260) 486-2010
or send your inquiry to
Project Linus; 4508 Blum Drive; Fort Wayne, IN 46835
If you have questions or comments,
go to the Questions/Comments tab.
We’d love to hear from you.